About Century Linen & Uniform
Over the years, market demands transitioned from wash service to linen rental – meaning Century owns the linen and provides weekly rental and exchange of linen to our customers. Today, over 90% of our work is linen and uniform rental service. The other 10% being composed of processing COG (Customer Owned Goods), dry cleaning, and coin operated Laundromats.Century Linen & Uniform is one of the largest and most up-to-date commercial laundry, linen and uniform service operations in the United States. We specialize in healthcare linen services, table linens, dust control and uniform rental services to restaurants, hotels, motels, and commercial and industrial business.Founded in 1915 by Frank Robison and Willard Smith, as Robison & Smith, Century Linen & Uniform found its start by picking up household laundry in Amsterdam, NY, traveling by horse and buggy. The business flourished and grew, expanding into commercial laundry. In October 1947, the company lost Mr. Robison in a tragic accident. The Smith family then acquired full ownership of the company from Mr. Robison’s family, keeping the traditional name in the founders’ honor.Advancement and growth over the yearsOur current business is made up of approximately 90 percent rental service, with the other 10 percent encompassing, coin-operated laundries, dry cleaning, and processing customer owned goods.Each week our high-tech, automated plants are capable of processing more than 700,000 pounds of laundry with exceptional efficiency and affordable rates.Finding what our customers needOur plants are located in Gloversville, NY (healthcare) and Johnstown, NY (hospitality/industrial) with Service Centers in Albany, NY, Syracuse, NY and Potsdam, NY.